Please consider donating all or a portion of your “economic stimulus” rebate to Stone Soup, a new community center that is truly revitalizing Worcesterâ€™s inner city.
Help support our work for true community improvement:
1. Stone Soup members are creating worker and housing cooperatives to provide secure jobs and to prevent future home foreclosures.
2. Volunteer-based sustainability projects for people and the planet at Stone Soup:
- Earn-A-Bike promotes bicycling culture in Worcester
- Worcester Roots Project helps create healthy green spaces for growing food
- Ex-prisoners and Prisoners Organizing for Community Advancement (EPOCA) is developing a green-collar jobs program.
- Stone Soup also strives to be an example of sustainability with roof-top gardens, recycling/composting and future plans for green building.
3. Cultural projects and events. Stone Soup has hosted 16 cultural events since its inauguration in January of 2006. We just held the first â€œEncuentro JÃbaro de Primavera/Springtime Puerto Rican Musical Gatheringâ€ on April 20th, which was a great success.
4. Incubator of new projects and community-based endeavors.
We invite you to work together with us, building on our collective strengths towards a positive, sustainable future for all.
We are currently fundraising for improvements to the space such as wheelchair accessibility, commercial kitchen, and insulation. To donate to Stone Soup, send a check made out to â€œStone Soupâ€ to 4 King Street, Worcester, MA 01610. For a tax-deductible donation, make the check out to our fiscal sponsor, Worcester Common Ground, and send it to the same address above. Or DONATE NOW ONLINE: